16 December 2019
18:30 - 21:00
Draper Hall, London, United Kingdom
Training - In Person
Extinction Rebellion Southwark
Facilitation training – an essential skill for all Rebels
In this workshop we will work in small groups to think about what makes for excellent facilitation. Facilitation skills can be applied to working in groups of any size from 3 people up to a large meeting of 80+ people. This is a valuable skill for life not just in XR!
The session will cover lots of practical and emotional considerations to help us all feel more confident to facilitate group conversations.
Facilitation skills can help us to:
– Create an inclusive group environment
– Communicate clearly
– Increase our awareness of group dynamics and group management
– Help us to build consensus
– Resolve conflict
– And much more!
When might you use the skills learnt at this training?
– over the festive period, resolving family disagreement
– to facilitate a small group listening circle
– to facilitate a meeting of your affinity group
– to facilitate a local XR group meeting
– to facilitate your working groups’ meeting
– to facilitate a People’s Assembly group discussion at an action site
This is a hugely valuable skill which is in constant demand in XR, so please come along!
There is a kitchen at the venue, feel free to bring snacks to share. It’s a festive time of year so we will make time for some celebration too. There might even be some mince pies…
On the 3rd Monday of every month the XR Southwark meeting is earmarked for training / a workshop / a fun group activity. If you have an idea for a session in future month please email email@example.com