09 January 2020
24 December 2020
Mount Pleasant Ecological Park, Porthtowan
Extinction Rebellion in Cornwall
UPDATE! We are so excited to have re-starting physical meetings. Fully Covid-19 compliant within government guidelines. We meet in the Atrium, an outside covered area at the Mount Pleasant EcoPark, Porthtowan, TR4 8HL.
Main meeting is from 7-9pm, with a well-being circle beforehand at 6-6.45pm which allows time for those who’d like to chat about how they are doing in this time of climate, ecological, and now pandemic crisis.
We meet as a community to look at how we can take action on the climate and ecological emergency that we are facing. Meetings are the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. Absolutely everyone is welcome to come along, we look forward to meeting you!
In person Meeting guidelines, read before attending:
– If you are unwell or think that you may have come into contact with someone who has COVID 19, please don’t attend meetings in person.
– The venue is undercover but outdoors, we will get the fire going, but wear layers and bring whatever you need to be cosy (hot water bottles or a blanket?!)
– On arrival you will need to sanitise your hands and will be asked for your name and phone number for track and trace.
– Seating will be spaced to allow for social distancing.
– Due to COVID we won’t be providing drinks, so bring your own refreshments along.
– Until now, the Ecopark have been immensely generous, giving us the venue for free. However, we recognise that COVID has had a profound impact on their business, so from now on we will be paying for the space to support them as they’ve supported us, so please bring along some cash or your card to donate towards this cost (absolutely no obligation, we know some are struggling financially post-lockdown).
– Please respect the fact that people have different boundaries regarding social distancing; some would be happy to lick everyone they meet, others think 2m isn’t far enough away; so wherever you are on that spectrum, please keep to a 2m distance from others to make sure everyone feels safe to come along.
– Masks aren’t obligatory as we’re effectively outdoors, but if you feel safer in one, please do wear it.
Absolutely everyone is welcome, wherever you live. So come along and see how you can get involved! If you can let us know you are coming that would be helpful but not essential!