26 July 2021
27 August 2021
Training - Online
XR UK Talks & Trainings
This is a 4 week part-time programme for people new to XR which aims to give you a thorough grounding in who we are and how we work.
Find where in XR you best ‘fit’ and become ready to move straight into a role with one of our amazing teams anywhere across the movement. You’ll receive support, personal connections, a solid understanding of our work and all the tools you need for a flying start!
This programme will be useful for anyone starting out in XR, whether you have already joined a group or are looking for one.
You don’t need any experience of XR, just a can-do attitude, a good internet connection and a minimum of 8 hours per week.
The programme consists of (with approximate time commitments):
– Zoom trainings (2 hrs/week)
– Selected reading and e-learning to check your understanding (2-3 hrs/week)
– A personal mentor to guide you (1 hr/week)
– Sit-ins on team meetings (1 hr/week)
– A weekly get-together with your fellow students (1 hr/week)
In your application message please tell us:
– A bit about you, your skills, interests and whether you have any existing XR experience
– If there are any hours of the day or days of the week you can’t make for meetings etc (e.g. I work full time so can’t make Mon-Fri 9-5).
– Whereabouts you live (town, region/nation)
We’re working to make XR UK a diverse and inclusive space and we welcome applications from everyone.
(If you have less time to spare, or prefer less training, you can apply for one of our lower time-commitment advertised roles directly or go to https://extinctionrebellion.uk/join-us/ for other ways to join XR.)