22 February 2020
13:00 - 17:00
Russell Square, London, United Kingdom
Extinction Rebellion UK
Enough devastating droughts, floods and storms.
Enough of police clamping down on peaceful protesters.
Enough fires decimating wildlife and homes from the UK to the USA, Australia to Amazon & Africa.
Enough of being labelled extremists for standing up for each other.
Enough racism. Enough separation.
Enough of the media controlling our story.
Enough government failure.
Movements, individuals, organisations, families and communities are marching together in resistance and solidarity THIS SATURDAY
~* Bring your organisation / movement / group’s banners, voices and love
~* Create your own heart patch and wear it on your sleeve
~* Make heart placards with words visioning our collaborative future
MORE INFO ON SPEAKERS COMING SOON…
Enough is enough. Together we march.
START: RUSSELL SQUARE 1PM
– 1pm – Gather at Russell Square to hear speakers
– 2pm – Start marching
– 3pm – Discobedience stop at Eros statue (Piccadilly Circus)
– 4.30pm – Arrival at Parliament Square and speakers
– The route will be 3 miles – if this feels too long for you, please feel free to join us at Eros.
– We will be passing central London locations with toilets (e.g. department stores, cafés). For folks that need ‘Changing Places’ we have identified 2 locations near the route: Near Russell Square Great Ormond Street Hospital and near trafalgar square Victoria Embankment Gardens
– We are aiming for the march to be colourful and noisy with drummers & music, so as we are unable to provide a quiet space, please consider your own needs. We’re sorry that we don’t have any provision for the hard of hearing this time
– There are some benches in Russell Square, but no seating in Parliament Square, so if you require a chair please bring one with you
LATER : Extinction Underground at the Vaults “A chance to celebrate and grow our movement, with all proceeds going to XR. An interactive and immersive late night playground beneath the streets of London in response to the climate and ecological emergency. An array of artists, performers, & radicals come together with vital acts of co-creation, artistic expression, connection to the planet and one another.”