07 October 2019
18:00 - 21:00
On Tuesday it’s the Oil and Money conference’s 40 year anniversary where swindlers, polluters and planetary destroyers of epic proportions gather together to clap each other on the back for all the oily money they’ve made burning our planet to an uninhabitable cinder.
To help them celebrate, we’re holding a protest party outside their hotel as attendees arrive to check-in the night before, as well as letting the hotel know what we think about them hosting the fossil fuel industry.
Join us for fun and japes, as well as music and entertainment to spread the word about the climate crisis and who the culprits killing the planet are.
This is a climate crime scene.
Come in costume, come with friends, come with speakers, signs, live streams, and come with energy. We won’t die quietly.
Suggestions for crime scene songs for the party playlist, chants and games, plus venue for more partying after awaited with anticipation to add to the pile. This is gonna be lit!
Location: Meet at Hyde Park corner at 6 pm, next to the green coffee stand by the arches. Take Exit 1 from Hyde Park Corner tube station. The exit has a ramp (turn left back on yourself at the top) and the station has an escalator. The nearest station with a lift is Green Park.
– We’ll meet at 6 to head over to the venue for 6.30
– get our speaker set up and banners in place
– by 7 pm we’ll be striking our best Die-In poses as forensic detectives outline us with chalk
– there’ll be a Climate Crime Scene workshop from a forensic science student at the same time
– from 7.30 we’ll be hearing speeches from the All African Women’s Group and the Phulbari Solidarity Campaign (and keeping the Die-In going if we feel ok)
– in between (and after) we’ll be blasting our Climate Crime Scene playlist, leading chants to shame the attendees and the hotel, and passing around our Wanted Posters of fossil fuel execs
– we’ll finish up at 9!